Improving pedestrian travel and mobility
WALKit Activity Program is a weekly walking group, and the intent of the program is designed to encourage mobility, increase social engagement, and learn about various areas and topics of interest while on the walking route.
WALKit Web Map can be used to get a detailed overview of pedestrian routes that are age-friendly and pedestrian friendly.
- Increase social engagement
- Increase cultural awareness
- Reduce seniors’ isolation by providing more opportunities to engage with others and have face-to-face interactions
- Improve health and fitness for seniors
- Reduce racism and discrimination by providing more opportunities for seniors to engage
Every Wednesday from 9:00 am to 10:30 am (from July to August) and 10:00 am to 11:30 am (from October to June)
Every other Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:30 am between May and October
Get in Touch
13450 – 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8